I offer services in the fields of translation, interpreting and private tuition. No matter how big or small the job, I approach them all with the professionalism, dedication and attention to detail necessary to ensure that the job is completed successfully and to your requirements.
I offer interpreting between Spanish, Portuguese and English.
- Simultaneous interpreting
- Consecutive interpreting
- Liaison interpreting
- Telephone interpreting
Please contact me with details of the assignment – duration, subject matter, location and any other relevant requirements for a full quote.
I provide high quality professional translation services from Spanish and Portuguese to English.
My specialist fields are:
- NGOs (in particular relating to agriculture and agricultural policy in Brazil, human rights defenders, organised civil society and children’s rights and education)
- Agroecology and permaculture
- Renewable Energies
- Medical documents (such as patient care documents, discharge and admission reports)
- Personal correspondence
The key to successful translations is communication. I endeavour to work closely with all my customers to ensure a good working relationship and translations of the best possible quality.
If you have some work that you want quoting, please send me the following details to allow me to provide you with an accurate quote.
- subject matter of the text: legal, environmental etc. (sample of the text would always be useful)
- purpose of the translation and target audience
- length of text and file format (for text received and also what required for the finished translation)
- deadline for work
- any house style that may need to be adhered to
- contact details
I offer private tuition (one-to-one or small groups) to those wishing to learn Spanish, Portuguese, or English as a second language. Please contact me if you want more details about my experience as a tutor, to see how I can fulfil your language learning needs.
Rates start at £25/hour (per student), but discounts do apply to groups.
‘Sandra was really thorough and prepared for lessons. She explained everything clearly and knew exactly how to help me. She made learning fun and thanks to her, I got my A*’. (Matilda, Spanish GCSE student)
‘[Sandra’s] knowledge of grammar, key constructions, spelling and vocabulary was of a consistently high standard. She demonstrated good ability to explain concepts. Sandra can discuss grammar and language structures with knowledge and understanding, as well as openness to new material.’ (Claire, mother of GCSE Portuguese student)
‘El trabajo que realizó Sandra fue extraordinario, no sólo como profesora de conversación de inglés, sino cómo tenía a los niños de animados y contentos, todo esto dio como resultado, un alto y rápido aprendizaje y un gusto por la lengua inglesa.’ (Paquita, mother of English students in Spain)